heaven on earth

by.thebeareroflight


Yes, a book written by Barack Obama, the senator for the US state of Illionis, saw it and decided to buy it at Page One Vivocity ($29.95 before member's discount). It has always been my intention to read his complete views of his "American Dream" and the hope/change he intends to bring to America should he be elected President. Of course, this book was written by him and is NOT a critics'/ scholars' study.




The book is divided into 9 chapters, namely
Chapter 1: Republicans and Democrats
Chapter 2: Values
Chapter 3: Our Constitution
Chapter 4: Politics
Chapter 5: Opportunity
Chapter 6: Faith
Chapter 7: Race
Chapter 8: The World Beyond Our Borders
Chapter 9: Family
This is his 2nd book, the first being Dreams From My Father.


According to an interview with the Senator on Amazon.com,
Q: How did writing a book that you knew would be read so closely by so many compare to writing your first book, when few people knew who you were?

A: In many ways, Dreams from My Father was harder to write. At that point, I wasn't even sure that I could write a book. And writing the first book really was a process of self-discovery, since it touched on my family and my childhood in a much more intimate way. On the other hand, writing The Audacity of Hope paralleled the work that I do every day--trying to give shape to all the issues that we face as a country, and providing my own personal stamp on them.



So is the book worth reading? Without a doubt. Simple yet powerful language, full of his style and is a must-read for all who are bothered with politics and current affairs.



The next American president? Barack Obama (that's my opinion of course).
Image linked from amazon.com.

0 comments: