heaven on earth

by.thebeareroflight

Sep 3, 2008

Indescribable

Posted by bearer.of.light

Back when I was a kid, I remember being amazed by Astronomy. There was this time in Primary School when we went on a fieldtrip (in the evenings, how cool is that for a P5/P6 student?) to the Observatory @ Singapore Science Centre.

I can't remember what we were supposed to watch, but somehow we couldn't on that day. I only remember being awed by the gigantic telescope. Mind you, the telescope is an entire dome with a covering that opens into the starry night sky.

I used to wonder why we couldn't count stars (till date I still don't know - maybe I should wikipedia/ yahoo answer it), I am always amazed by the brilliant pictures of stars in space and I like space movies.

I'm sure many people out there are as attracted to the universe, attracted to space, attracted to the beautiful stars as I am. Yet how much do we know of the beauties out there? Scientists come out with a big bang theory (which, in essence, says everything happens at random). But take a look at the world around you. Look at our own body. Every part of us is meticulously designed to perform a function. Even conception and childbirth is such an amazing phenomenon. Look how nature works (excluding man's destruction) to maintain our eco-system and world. If there are so many things we (or scientists) cannot explain, how much more the universe(s) out there?

Take a look at this picture taken by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope. It is approx. 23 million light years away (i can't visualize that distance), a galaxy known as M51 [information from wikipedia - i'm not that smart]. Take a look at the "black hole" (the cross) in the middle of the galaxy.


The cross - what Jesus did for the whole world, clearly for all to see. Coincidence? Resemblance? I don't think so.





Chris Tomlin - Indescribable



image linked from hubblesite.org

0 comments: